Contact the board
We value your opinion. Please let us know what's on your mind.
What is your status?
Currently licensed in ND.
Currently licensed in another state.
We won't share this with strangers.
Please be detailed.
Thanks you for your interest in obtaining a license to massage in North Dakota. There are several important fact to keep in mind as you begin the process.
1. The massage program you attended may not meet the requirements to obatin a ND license without additional hours of education.
2. The only way to determine if you need more hours is to complete the application process.
3. Start the application process on the "Get Licensed" tab at ndboardofmassage.com
Your school transcript will be audited to ensure that your education meets the minimum 750 education hours including no less than:
Anatomy and Physiology - 150 hours
Pathology - 45 hours
Kinesiology - 90 hours(includes origin, insertion, action, nerves)
First Aid, Hygiene, CPR - 10 hours
Business Practice - 30 hours
Professional Ethics - 30 hours
Practical Instruction - 300 hours
Contraindications, Benefits of Massage, Universal Precautions, Body Mechanics, History, Ethics, Legalities, Professional Standards - 125 hours
3. Your application fee of $150 is nonrefunadble.
4. Here are some of the regional schools that have programs meeting the educational requirements for North Dakota licensure.
Salon Professional Academy, Fargo ND
Josef School of Hair Design, Grand Forks ND
Williston State College, Williston ND
Northland Comm. and Tech. College, Thief River Falls MN
5. Complete applications are handled in the order they are received. If your application is not complete it will cause a delay.
Still have questions? Ask them below.
Do Not Fill This Out